Become a Member
The CFA Montréal advantage
Experience the synergy of an outstanding association, the 10th largest of 160 CFA societies worldwide. CFA Montréal is a major player in Montreal’s booming financial ecosystem and is well-known by the largest employers in the financial and investment sectors.
Many good reasons to become a member
Several categories of membership are available according to your situation: regular members and local members. Regular members are the only ones entitled to vote.
This membership is mainly for CFA charterholders and candidates who have passed the level I exam, provided they have the required years of experience.
- Successful completion of the level I CFA® exam or a self-administered standards of professional practice examination
- A bachelor's degree from a recognized institution or comparable training/work experience
- Four years of relevant experience in financial analysis
- Able to provide two or three references (click here for details)
Membership fee: US $360 ($275 – CFA Institute and $85 – CFA Montréal)
You must submit your application to the CFA Institute and specify in your profile that you also wish to be a member of CFA Montréal.
This membership is for finance professionals who do not intend to participate in the CFA program and do not qualify as regular members. This membership allows you to be part of our network and participate in our activities.
- Holds a bachelor's degree from a recognized institution or equivalent training/work experience
- Currently or previously employed in a field related to financial analysis and securities or capital markets*
- Sponsored by a regular member
- Has signed the CFA Institute Code of Ethics & Standards of Professional Conduct Statement
* The following fields are considered relevant: investment, corporate finance, financial planning, actuarial services, treasury services, securities brokerage, arbitration, accounting, business or securities law, finance education, economic analysis, research and analysis, journalism, consulting, business valuation, regulation, specialized services for finance.
Membership fee: $100 CAD (CFA Montréal)
Your message was sent successfully!