Six Students Receive Scholarship from CFA Montréal
CFA Montréal is proud to announce the winners of its six new scholarships, awarded to finance students with their sights set on becoming CFA charterholders.
Of the $12,500 generously donated by CFA Montréal’s partners, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and the Montreal Alternative Investment Forum (FIAM), half has been awarded to women in an effort to promote a better gender balance in the investment industry.
And the winners are…
- Sophie Chabanne-Salbaig, HEC Montréal - $2,500 (CDPQ)
- François Huynh, HEC Montréal - $1,250 ( FIAM)
- Alina Israilian, Concordia University - $2,500 (CDPQ)
- Olivier Maheu, Université de Sherbrooke - $2,500 (CDPQ)
- Lamy Rakan, McGill University - $2,500 (CDPQ)
- Wang Xinyan, McGill University - $1,250 (FIAM)
The recipients were selected based on academic achievement and involvement in the investment community.
CFA Montréal thanks CDPQ and FIAM for supporting the next generation of investment professionals.
Thanks also to the selection committee members:
- Adriana Arrillaga, CFA, One Summit Capital Wealth Management Inc.
- Erika Toth, CFA, BMO Global Asset Management
- Jessica Younes-Fraiberger, CFA, Bloomwest Capital